Services Available at Professional Dental in South Jordan, Utah
Our South Jordan Office Team
Dr. John Myers
I grew up in Salt Lake, attended the University of Utah and graduated from the University of Washington (Seattle) School of Dentistry in 1984. After graduation, I entered the US Navy, completing a one year General Practice Residency at the Naval Hospital in San Diego, CA. In 1987 I returned to the Salt Lake area to practice dentistry. I love all aspects of dentistry – cosmetic, surgery, implants, Invisalign – to name a few. I love transforming people’s lives through their smile. My wife, Cherilyn, and I have 7 children and 15 & ½ grandchildren. I enjoy spending time with our family, fly fishing & watching reruns of “Monk”.
Dr. Bradley E. DeVries
Dr. Bradley E. DeVries received his undergraduate degree from the University of Utah, and then attended dental school at the University of Pittsburgh where he graduated in 2007 with honors. He completed a one year residency at the University of Utah. He is member of the ADA, and the Bingham delegate for the UDA. Brad and his wife, Christine, have two children. He enjoys spending time with family and friends, backpacking, being outdoors and playing golf.
My name is Kristina Borton, and I am the Office Manager for South Jordan. I love spending time with my kids at their dance performance/competitions and sporting events.
I have been in dentistry for twenty-eight years as an assistant,front office manager and then later attended Weber State Universityfor my Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene. I have been practicing dental hygiene for twelve years and love it. I love working with patients to help maintain their oral health and well being. I am married and have two children a son who is twenty-four and a daughter, twenty-two. I enjoy reading, dancing, boating, snorkeling, swimming and especially traveling to new places with my family. My favorite places are those with sun, sand and deep blue oceans.
I have been a Dental Assistant since 2001, I love meeting new people, I have been married for 11 years, I have 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl, In my spare time I love Going to the Sand dunes and riding my fourwheeler and going to our cabin.
My name is Renae Bliss and I love treats! I work in the South Jordan location as a Dental Assistant ( rock on!) I like to run!…..and eat donuts of course!
- Pediatric Dentistry – Our friendly staff is great with toddlers through teenagers and we are committed to making brushing and flossing fun for them. We give special attention to preventive care, and also complete an oral health evaluation, evaluate orthodontic concerns, track tooth and jaw development, apply topical fluoride and sealants.
- Routine Dental Care – This includes 6-month checkups, teeth cleanings and X-Rays and, if necessary, periodontal cleanings and examinations of tooth decay and restorations, diet and hygiene advice and oral cancer checks.
- Root Canals – These can become necessary when you have abscesses (pimples) on your gums, tooth pain from heat or cold, aching teeth and jaws, tenderness and swelling or sensitivity that causes trouble eating our speaking. During these procedures in our South Jordan, Utah, offices, our dentist will make sure pulp, nerves, bacteria and decay are removed and then add a medical-grade filling. Often, without this procedure, tooth extraction would be required. This procedure usually lasts a lifetime.
- Dental Restorations – You might need dental restoration in the form of simple cavities, new crowns and bridges, root canals and tooth extractions. Treatments are also available for restorative implants and veneers in our South Jordan, Utah, location.
- Orthodontics – Straightening teeth can be wise whether you want to look good or for functional reasons, or both. About a third of all orthodontics patients are adults.
- Dental Implants – When you have missing teeth but don’t want the pain and trouble of dental bridges, consider dental implants. These use titanium to fuse directly to the jaw bone. These implants are considered a permanent solution.
- Dental Extractions – You may need to have your teeth pulled in many circumstances. Call for more information and to set up an appointment.
- Dental Emergencies – Major tooth and jaw injuries are most common in toddlers and pre-teens, but also happen to adults. Emergency dental work can be needed in the case of sporting injuries, toothaches, trauma, infections, and more. If you or your child have a tooth knocked out or pushed into the jawbone, or if a tooth has been pushed out of normal alignment, contact our offices immediately. It’s best to start work within an hour.
- Invisalign – A straight smile is wonderful, but the thought of braces may be intimidating. Invisalign is a no-metal, custom-made solution for orthodontic woes. It uses special trays as an alternative to metal braces. These are removable. We offer free orthodontic X-rays and consultations for prospective Invisalign patients.